Last night my fav pregnant cousin was telling me about this Feta Pita ( It's Pie in Greek) she made.. And this pregnant woman over here thought she needed to eat some too.. :) So this is an awesome and very different way from what I have made before recipe from the lovely Camelia. I have made some changes to add Leek, yummy freshly grown from the garden and I have used Gluten Free pastry sheets.
I served the Pita with a nice Greek salad all ingredients also from the garden.. Amazing
Ok I can't wait to share this with you....
- 1 packet Gluten Free pastry. Comes with 3 sheets
- feta cheese
- 2 home grown leeks or 1 store brought
- 4 eggs
- thickened cream 300ml (the small one)
- olive oil
- 1 cup of milk
1. Paste the pan with olive oil so it doesn't stick
2. Put 1 layer of pastry down on the bottom
3. Sprinkle olive oil around the filo again and then crumble feta and leak on the layer.. Make sure you have chopped and cleaned your leek well.
4. Repeat step 2 and 3 until the pan is full
5. Cut the pita into your sections
6. Put in a bowl your cream, eggs, milk, pepper and pour on top of the pita in the pan
7. Put it in the fridge for 30 mins
8. Take out and put in the oven until brown gold on top and your done. About 45 min
9. Take out of oven and let it sit for 5 - 10 min..
Serve.. I hope you enjoy this as much as I have.
Following are some Pics...
Anastasia Adam xo
Pic while it was setting in the fridge.
Pic after Pita was taken out of the oven :) ... Delish